Friday 14 January 2011

Pay It Forward!

 

I was reading Jacky’s blog this morning, and came across this:

I promise something handmade to the FIRST 5 people who leave a comment here. However, to be eligible, you must repost this status, offering something handmade to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade (or homemade) by you and it must be sent to your 5 people some time in 2011. Ready, set, GO!

What an exciting idea! It isn’t about the receiving. It is the idea of giving something I’ve made to someone else ... just because. What fun! It doesn’t have to be big, expensive or amazing, just handmade by you. A little piece of yourself. Pass it along to someone else. Make someone’s day brighter who will in turn pay it forward.

So, here’s the challenge. I will send something handmade to the first five people who leave a comment to this post. Then it will be up to you to pay it forward to five other people this year. Use your blog to find your payees. Please come back here and post about your experience. I’d love to hear how this challenge has effected your year.

I have a few ideas in mind of what I will make, but will keep it a surprise for now!

6 comments:

furrypig said...

Hi Dawn I have come here from Jacky's blog as I was so sorry to hear that you didn't get anything when you last did pay it forward. I am going to be posting about it on my blog this weekend so please come over and sign up so I can send you something! I think this is such a great idea and I am so happy to be part of it. I llok forward to sharing the love and thank you for inviting us to join you xxx

Linz said...

ooh, what a fab idea!! i'll post later this week on my blog too!!!

Anonymous said...

oh wow that is a wonderful idea. I will do the same thanks so much.
Bobbie In Tennessee
motherbear1969@yahoo.com

Caroline said...

I think this is a brilliant idea, and would love to join in. Will post about it on the 23rd as we are having a blog hop on ILWS, the more the merrier!

Monica K. said...

What an awesome idea! I would love to play along. :)

furrypig said...

Hi again Just wanted to let you know this is posted on my blog so you can sign up and then you can definitely get something this time!

Post a Comment