Thursday 6 May 2010

PTI CASing

Well my PTI order arrived last week and I’ve been playing as often as I can get into the craft room.  Why is it though, that as soon as you open the new packs all inspiration disappears??  My head was cram packed full of ideas before they arrived but on the day, nada, not a thing.  So what did I do … I blog hopped, straight to Nichole Heady and Dawn McVey of course, CASed a couple of their cards and then my creative mojo really started to flow …

First of all Nichole’s  image

 

 

 

 

026
I just loved the simplicity of this card, somehow its a modern card but at the same time vintage?  I got so carried away I managed to make 10 of these in  Handy 4x4 size, well I do know a lot of girls with birthdays this month ...

I’m still learning when it comes to colouring with copics, but that could be my limited supply of them, I’m hoping that some of my not so subtle hints have hit home and I get a few more to build on my current colour families for my birthday later this month (well a girl can hope).

Then I had to have a go at one of image
Dawn McVey’s using the fabulous
Dotty biscotti designer paper.    

 

 

 

 

036 
I’ve created a couple of cards and projects since, but I’ll upload them tomorrow :O)

See you then ...

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I particularly like the first one,Dawn.....it's got a lovely vintage feel to it....but not at all old fashioned.

Taheerah said...

Wonderful CASEs Dawn! I really love your first one so much, the colours are so serene!

Dana said...

Oh so pretty Dawn. Both are different enough from their originals and have your personal twist to them. Very pleasing to the eye.
I LOVE your blog header photo! Fantastic!

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful CASing! I love how you changed them up a bit. Love the vibrant colors of the second card.

Pat said...

I recognise the last card Dawn!! Ive got it!! Thanks for your birthday card. Its beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are GORGEOUS!!

Jessica said...

Oh wow, these are beautiful! I love that stamp set, and especially how well it works with paper piecing. Your colouring is lovely, by the way, definitely doesn't look like you're just "learning!"

Post a Comment