Thursday 7 January 2010

ILWS January Cup Challenge - Card 4.

ILWS last Challenge on Saturday night was set by Karin, it was a combination challenge, the first part was 'masking' to make something that had some kind of masking element to it, and the second part was to 'recycle' a regular a household item into it.

I had no problem with the first part of the challenge, I used Stampin Up's 'All in the Family' stamp set which I've recently borrowed from a fellow demo, Deborah for another project.


Stamps: All in the Family
Cardstock:
Broacade Blue, Whisper White
DSP: Bashful Blue
M
ediums- Brocade blue, bordering blue, ballet blue, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, basic black
Embellishments: Vintage brads, bashful blue 1/2" striped grosgrain grosgrain ribbon

Tools - Paper cutter and scorer, Snail adhesive, Mat pack & Paper-piercing tool, stamp-a-ma-jig, Nestabilities.

When I was putting the card together I completely forgot to add my 'recycled' item!!

The 'All in the family' set are ideal for masking. I started by stamping the cat and the dog on my cardstock, I then stamped them again on a post-it, cut out the image from the post-it note, masked my image (covered) and continued stamping, this time with the little boy and girl. Again once on my cardstock and on a post-it note, cut out the image on the post-it note, masked my image and continued stamping .... Once you've finished stamping you take off the post-it notes and colour.

I hope you liked my cards, I enjoyed the challenge evening and look forward to the next one, I hope you will join us ...

.

1 comments:

Alex said...

Happy New Year Dawn!

Love this card, and soft colours :) Need to use my "All In The Family" a bit more I think!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Post a Comment